EB-1 Visa / Green Card
You are a good candidate for the EB-1 nonimmigrant visa if you possess extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, and have been recognized nationally or internationally for your achievements.
Here’s what you need to know before you apply for the EB-1 visa:
- Even though it is called a visa, the EB-1 is really just an application for a green card based on extraordinary ability in your professional field.
- You do not need a job offer from a U.S. employer, but do need to intend to continue working in your field of expertise in the U.S.
- The process is a lot faster than going through an employer. This is one of the greatest advantages of the EB-1.
- You need to be extraordinary as an individual; it is not enough to simply be a member of a group or team that has been successful.
Here’s what you need to know once you have the EB-1 visa:
- You can apply for a green card and should receive it quickly. You get first priority on the list of people waiting for green cards, which is another one of the greatest advantages of the EB-1.
Want to know if you are a good EB-1 candidate?